Walker Homes consulting residents on Concept plan. What do you think?
Summary of initial main issues:
- Access to the whole site via a new bridge from the Distributer Road according to the MLD Plan.
- Traffic impact analysis to assess congestion and emissions. Especially on Bairds Way, Gladstones Gait.
- Increase community meeting space EG: Extend Waverly Pavilion for parents and community groups etc.
- In addition to playgrounds, green spaces for Dog walking provision via Dog park on the other side of the pylons – Allotments or Community growing spaces on other side of the pylons - Community woodland -Wildlife corridor.
- Local shopping provision via improved pedestrian walkway to Tesco and the new Aldi.
- Design prioritisation of pedestrian and cyclist paths.
- Communal maintenance transferred to Midlothian Council. Including, sufficient litter and dog fouling bins.
- Build quality is high: The Design Council’s “Building for Life 12” nationally accepted standards of excellence.
- Balance of housing styles include sizes for the disabled and the elderly.
- Energy efficient housing- Zero Carbon standard, smart meters, adaptability for renewable energy in the future.
- Superfast fibre broadband.
- Affordable housing to have an impact on the waiting list for social housing.
Walker Homes concept for the field:
It just so happens our Community Council meeting is on that night and we will dedicate the first hour for people to come and discuss the plans and views and formulate a formal Community Council response following your comments. Please put comments below so they are all in one place and we have evidence of residents views.
This is an overview of their Concept:
Our Initial early response:
Your turn to influence the decision:
Everyone is welcome to our meeting on this on the 21st April Thursday 7-8pm George V Park Pavillion.
Please comment below and share this post with your network.
Bonnyrigg and Lasswade Community Council.