Bonnyrigg Duck race
The duck race is on Sunday 25 Jan at 2pm. The race and prizes are all wrapped up by 2.45/3pm.
This is how it works. You put your name down for a numbered duck (£2, funds to charity). All the ducks are put in a big bin. Jamie Andrew (A well known disabled mountaineer with prosthetic hands and feet) has agreed to begin the race by dropping all the ducks into Pittendriech burn. Children will be given bamboo poles to poke and prod the ducks along when they get stuck. All the ducks have numbers on them. The top 6 ducks at the finish line 150yds along will get prizes:
- Dalhousie Hotel and Spa Dinner for 2 in Orangry
- Dalhousie Hotel and Spa Dinner for 2 in Dungeon
- Dalhousie Hotel and Spaafternoon tea for 2.
- Olimpic rowing boat signed cap
- Tour De France map signed by Mark Cavendish.
- + Other prizes plus 10 other small 'spot' prizes.
You don't have to actually be there to win! Just sign up on the duck sheet.
400 ducks have been registered. Bill will be at Lasswade Centre 10am-1pm this Satruday to take further registrations. Ducks can also be bought half an hour before the start.
Families and children very welcome to turn up and watch the race. Normally there are 50-200 people on the day.
This is the exact point where the ducks are released. The bridge at the lowest point of Cockpen road: