While some areas of the country have experienced a small amount of rain recently, our treatment works and reservoirs are still dealing with a sustained dry period as well as increased demand from customers. Your continued assistance in helping to urge customers to reduce their water usage over the coming weeks is appreciated.
Simple steps customers can take to use water efficiently include
- Using a bucket of water instead of a hose to wash your car or only washing windscreens and headlights and brake lights
- Using a watering can instead of a hose to water gardens and plants
- Taking a shower instead of a bath and making it a short shower
- Only using washing machines or dishwashers fully loaded
- Turning off the tap when brushing teeth and shaving